Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge... Day1

Day 01: A place I'd like to travel. Day 02: A favourite movie. Day 03: Something I never leave the house without. Day 04: A friend I adore. Day 05: My hometown. Day 06: A book I'm reading. Day 07: A song for the day. Day 08: Three inspirational quotes. Day 09: A close-up of my day. Day 10: A favourite recipe. Day 11: Three years ago today. Day 12: The last item I purchased. Day 13: Something I'm proud of. Day 14: Style inspiration for the season. Day 15: Three blogs I always read. Day 16: Someone who inspires me. Day 17: My family. Day 18: What I wore today. Day 19: Myself, one year ago. Day 20: Something that means a lot to me. Day 21: A self-portrait. Day 22: What I love about my job. Day 23: Eight things you didn't know about me. Day 24: Something that makes me smile. Day 25: The contents of my purse. Day 26: Something I'm looking forward to. Day 27: A silly self-portrait. Day 28: A skill I'd like to learn. Day 29: Something I could never tire of. Day 30: Three wonderful things that happened this month.

 Day 1 A Place I'd Like To Travel

 I recently went to a place I had been longing to visit FOREVER. My dad's house in Wisconsin. He lives on some beautfiul land around an amazing lake with nature all around. I have been meaning to make the trip for years...and finally took it under some not so great circumstances. It was a great trip, however. Lots of smiles, laughs and tears. Relationships were healed, memories made. I went without my family. Just me and 2 of my sisters. My next dream is to get my girls and Chris there too. We went through 'town' and my sisters took me to have my first beer at the local bar The Longbranch. Theres something about super small towns on dreary fall days that just scream comfort. The people are so friendly, everythings slow, you notice the small things. The mention of our last name to the bartender brought about greetings and well wishes for family members. I fell in love with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment